Friday, April 27, 2007

Beech is leafing out


Last spring I have acquired this collected beech (Fagus sylvatica), and I really love it. This is one of my larger trees, I'm just barely able to move it myself.
This first picture is from last spring:

Once this tree was already in a bonsai pot, but later it was planted out in the garden and neglected.



Last year I have pruned and wired it, but had to remove the wire during the summer, as it was alreay cutting into the branches. This year I have pruned and wired again, and it's beginning to look pretty good imho :)
The second picture was taken about a week ago, when the tree was already mostly wired.




Now the tree is beginning to leaf out, pretty late compared to the other trees. Last year it was also the last tree of mine to leaf out.


No comments:

counter

unique visitors: Internet Marketing Consultant
Internet Marketing Consultant
page views: Stratco
Stratco
Pagerankseo tools