Friday, May 25, 2007

2 years of a christmas tree


This tree, a Picea orientalis, was a regular christmas tree when I have bought it in a garden center two years ago.



In 2005 I have tried some initial styling by pruning away a lot of the branches and wiring the remaining ones. The overall image is very stiff, it's not much of a sight yet...




Yesterday I have been working on it a little bit. I have pinched back the new shoots, corrected the apex a bit and rewired some of the branches. I have also removed some of the larger branches and shortened most of the remaining ones.I think it's already significantly better, although it still needs many years to have something of a feeling.

As far as it may still be from bonsai, still seeing a tree getting better year after year is the joy of bonsai.

No comments:

counter

unique visitors: Internet Marketing Consultant
Internet Marketing Consultant
page views: Stratco
Stratco
Pagerankseo tools