Monday, March 10, 2008

Some trees repotted

These are some of the trees that I have repotted this spring.

First, a literati hawthorn that's gonna look really great in about two years if I manage to create some branch structure on top.
I have collected it in 2006 but the first year it did nothing, not a single leaf has appeared. Apparently it didn't really like being moved but it was not obviously dead so I kept watering it (pretty unfrequently as it didn't use too much water). Then in spring 2007 it has sprouted, and I have wired it lighly. This year I have potted it up in an upright position.
The first picture is from March 2008, the second from March 2007.





Second, a hawthorn that I have bought in 2006.
The first picture shows how it looked like when I have bought it in 2006, and a video from all sides.



The second picture is still from 2006, after the first styling.


The third picture shows how it looks like today, after having repotted it last weekend. This is going to be one amazing tree! Now the roots sticking up high above soil level look stupid but I didn't dare to remove those, it will be done with time. It has a very good nebari under the current soil level, so once I manage to get rid of these roots up high, it will really be a killer one!


This is my Picea orientalis, which was a regular christmas tree. I have already posted its progression on this blog here.
This picture shows it after repotting. Of course I wanted to pot it up fully upright but the root structure didn't allow it, in fact I have removed a lot of roots even to be able to pot it up like this. I can only hope it will thrive.
The tree looked better last year after it was wired (see the above link) but the wire has begun to cut in some of the branches so I have removed those, and now for some time I'll leave it like it is, because I don't want to stress it any more.



1 comment:

joshua said...

I feel super by saying that this is realy one of the very best blogs I've ever visited yet!

Congrats! Take it like a blossom blessing!

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX

counter

unique visitors: Internet Marketing Consultant
Internet Marketing Consultant
page views: Stratco
Stratco
Pagerankseo tools