Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring exhibition 2009

Between 22. and 24. April our Club took part in the Spring Flower Exhibition at the University of Horticulture. Our exhibition was a little bit smaller than usual. I have presented these three trees (I will post pictures of some of the other trees in my exhibition blog).

I took my little broom-style hornbeam that I'm working on since 2006, I think it's coming along nicely.


I took this literati hawthorn for its flowers. It has a very interesting trunk and a still undeveloped branch structure (I have collected the tree in 2007) but it was full in flowers.


I have also exhibited this larch that I have bought as an unstyled yamadori from Karl Thier in 2007. The potting is bad but all the roots are on the left side so I couldn't pot up otherwise. Next year I will try to remove some more roots and pot it in a round pot instead of this oval. The companion plant is a small Sedum in a lovely kusamono pot by Dan Barton that I got as a gift from Tony Tickle (the pot is set on a flat stone).

No comments:

counter

unique visitors: Internet Marketing Consultant
Internet Marketing Consultant
page views: Stratco
Stratco
Pagerankseo tools